This story actually starts over 5 years ago. Jerry and I had talked about marriage at this point and knew we both wanted to get married...and to each other (the important part). I always thought I would KNOW when he would pop the question. I love the man dearly, but he is terrible at keeping secrets. He is the kind of person that calls me at work and tells me he has a surprise for me tonight...thanks but that is not a surprise buddy! By the end of the conversation he has told me what the "surprise is" :O) Ok, I am getting off track.
I just knew he would be acting weird or something would happen to tip me off. I could not have been MORE wrong! The main reason I was completely shocked was that one day he asked me about what kind of ring I would want. So I figured at that moment he was shopping around and that maybe in a few months it would happen. Little did I know, that little beautiful box was just a few feet away already tucked into his dresser. Sneaky little guy!
A week later we were out for dinner just the two of us. We ran into one of his sisters friends working at the restaurant. As he seated us, the friend said Congratulations. Jerry was in front of me and later I found out that he gave this friend the biggest of all death looks. Which then the friend quickly said on your vacation.... *Quick insert- we were leaving in another week to go to Florida to visit his family.* We sat down and I gave Jerry a funny look and asked what that was about. Jerry said that boy has always been strange. I shrugged it off and thought yeah he looks a little off :O) Looking back, I cannot believe I was that big of an idiot that I did not see what was coming!
So the next day Jerry had said that he would like to go on a picnic. I had always wanted a picnic basket (I know...every girls dream...picnic basket...random). A couple weeks prior we spotted a really cute one with all the plates, cups, and utensils...perfect...dream fulfilled! So earlier in the week he said he would pack the basket and come pick me up (we did not live together before we were married).
It was a beautiful day! Sun was out and birds chirping. Spring was in FULL bloom! Jerry picked me up. We headed to the park that overlooks the river. Basket full of goodies and a blanket to lay on in the back. On the drive to the park he mentioned that he got our latest pictures developed and has them back by the basket.
We got to the park and picked out a nice tree to sit under. That tree will forever be "our tree." Jerry tossed me the pics and then started to pull out all the food. I was flipping through and laughing at how silly we are and how awesome our friends and family are. Then...there it was...a picture with one word on it...it did not fit in with any of the other pics...I had never seen this before. It said, Theresa. I looked at it and was completely confused. I flipped to the next pic. This one said Will You. So at this point my jaw drops open. This point I realize...this man sitting next to me...my best friend...the one I could not wait to spend the rest of my life with...is asking me to marry him. I did not even flip to the next one when I just started saying Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God...with tears filling up my eyes. Jerry had to make me flip to the next pic. But I already knew what it would say....Marry Me. My heart still skips a beat remembering that day. We hugged and kissed, I said yes about 100 times, and the ring was slipped on my finger. Shortly after, Jerry said what if the last pic said pass me a sandwich? HA! I love this man!
I framed the three beautiful pictures and I will always cherish them.......

Happy Anniversary Baby, and YES.. I would do it all over again!

You should have warned me I needed tissues for this post! Congratulations on five years, and here's hoping that you have a wonderful anniversary gift right around the corner.
ReplyDeleteAww yay! :) Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteOMG that is so sweet!!! I'm all teary-eyed now! That's awesome, I've never heard of an engagement story like that with pictures. Such a sweet story! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteAwwww Im tearing up!! :) Happy Anniversary!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so beautiful!!!! i love that you kept those photos! :-) Happy Anniversary and to many more years of happiness!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG what an awesome story!! Congratulations I hope you guys have a great day =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story...you are so lucky! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteAw, happy anniversary! I love your story!
ReplyDeleteKelly