Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All systems a GO!


Yesterday I went for blood work again. They called me in the afternoon. My E2 level was 2550. Dr. P.A. wanted me to coast last night (no stims). This morning I went for my E2 again. Received results at my ultrasound. E2 was now 4750.

Dr. P.A. said he was not concerned, but did want me to be aware there is a chance of overstimming after the retrieval. He is going to have me get blood work on day 3 after retrieval. IF I were to overstim they would freeze my embryos and we would wait about a week before transferring. I asked him if he tells all patients this or if he is telling me because of what I have going on. After saying it was because of so many follicles and E2 level he stressed again that he did not think that I would. He said there is around a 10% possibility and was just telling me so I could be prepared IF it were to happen.

I am not going to stress about it, because as we all know that will do no good!

Soooooo....trigger tonight at 7!!!!! They moved my retrieval up to Friday! I have to be there at 8 a.m. and then 9:00 a.m......around 20 little beautiful follies will be retrieved!!!

I know there are still so many things that can go wrong...but I am not thinking of any of those right now. Right now...I am nothing but giddy!

14 comments:

  1. Thinking of everything that could go wrong will drive you crazy! I try to remember that worrying will not change the outcome of anything, so I might as well hope for the best. You will be just fine:) Good luck with your trigger...can't wait to hear how many beautiful eggies you get on Friday! I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyyyy! You have every reason to be giddy! You just try to relax, think positive and breeze into Friday's appointment. Wishing you all the best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I think you have nothing to worry about! I had 27 eggs retrieved and my transfer was normal like scheduled. Fingers crossed for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited for you and hope Friday goes well! And I hope and pray you don't overstim, but it sounds like you should be ok based on what your Dr said. So try not to worry about that. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe we have made it to ER already!! I am so pumped for you and can't wait to see how many eggs you get on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!! You have every right to be giddy and I am SO giddy for you. Thinking all the positive thoughts in the world for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right about keeping a positive attitude. It looks like you have lots going right so far, and we'll keep praying it continues that way! Good luck with the trigger shot, and I'll be looking forward to hearing about all your happy, healthy eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving me that sweet comment! I've bookmarked you, too, and I will add you to my prayer list for a successful IVF!! It looks like you responded really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohooo Good luck tomorrow!!!!! Think POSITIVE It's going to work! Will say a little prayer for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely blow off the bad stuff. No point in occupying your mind with unhappy thoughts - you're about to be PUPO!!! (in a couple of days, I know) BUT STILL!!!

    Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear how everything goes.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomorrow!!!!! in 12 hours, you will be getting ish ER!!!!! WOW! So excited and cannot wait to hear how many! Don't forget to drink lots of Gatorade! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooohoooo! How exciting! Can't wait to hear how everything goes. Will be praying that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omigosh, you're at your ER right now!!! YAY! And I'm here thinking SUCH good thoughts for you and your follies, hoping they pull out a TON of eggies!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete