So last Friday I met with Dr. P.A. It went MUCH better than I expected! He said we could actually do our FET in May! Wooohoo! He also said that we could do a natural cycle (less meds). He said that there is no big difference as far as end results either way. He will only do a natural cycle if you have regular cycles and ovulate on your own. My cycles are pretty regular (31-34 day). I will go in on May 4th to do an ultrasound. If I have a dominant follicle (sign I will ovulate on my own) then we will transfer in May. If not, then we will do medication and transfer in June. But he felt confident with my regular cycles that I would have no problem ovulating.
He really made me feel better about my PGD results as well. I felt like I was a walking freak with all of our abnormalities. He reassured me and said that he has seen much worse and that many embryos come back abnormal. Most people just do not know because they do not make viable pregnancies and the sperm are more likely to go for the “good ones” naturally. He also said he would not have ANY hesitation in transferring the other two that came back with no results some day. Most times the abnormalities will always show up. The “no-reads” mean that more likely they cannot confirm, but no abnormalities appeared. He said that it is more likely to just not be a viable pregnancy if anything and not that we would have a child with abnormalities. That made me feel much better. Here I thought we would have to make the decision what to do with these embryos since they were most likely abnormal (so I thought). I am not morally comfortable with that at all. I want to give all of our babies a chance at life, but want them to have a good quality of life, too.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This looks alike like the e-mail you sent me..LOL!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you that you got good news and you will be doing your transfer earlier than you originally thought!!
Hope everything goes as planned in May!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your appointment went well. I have been thinking about you and wondering how things have been going. Glad to hear that you may be able to do your FET so soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news! I am fairly new to reading your blog and it looks like we will both be doing FET in May.
ReplyDeletehttp://doihavetobeadink.blogspot.com/
yaay for may FET!! you had soooo many eggs, that statistically speaking, there were BOUND to be some *perfect* ones in there. you've got 2 lovely ones waiting for you, so glad you're getting the show on the road. and how nice to do it more naturally, bc i'm sure you don't miss all those meds from ivf, huh? LOTS OF STICKY DUST and luck you hon!
ReplyDeleteYay for a natural cycle and in May! I know it cannot come soon enough. Still praying for you and hoping your frozen embryos are the ones!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your appt went well. Good luck in May!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your appointment was good!! Will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your appointment went well and you got such good news. I'll be thinking about you and hoping that May's cycle and FET come fast.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear the appt went well, and you can transfer as early as May!! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and hoping those 2 snow babies are the ones!!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news. Come on May!
ReplyDelete