Monday, July 26, 2010

Sounds like a case of the Mundays

I got a total case of the Mundays (Office Space reference).  I am dragging so bad at work.  That must be the sign of a good weekend.  Which I did have!

Saturday I went with some friends on a Winery Trail in Hermann MO.  The Trail consisted of 7 different wineries, which we managed to hit them all.  There was food and wine tasting at each one.  It was beautiful and I LOVE wine! 

However, I was the DD.  I tasted at each winery, but with my FET approaching and with all my meds I am trying to stay away from alcohol.  I know this was a topic last week on the blogs.  To drink or not to drink while TTC.  What if you are in midst of treatment, but definitely not prego yet. 

No alcohol? 
Minimal alcohol? 
Heck, I am always in the middle of treatment so I am gonna booze it up until I get my BFP.

Though I tasted a few, I did not make any purchases at the winery.  Even though I could not completely partake in the festivities I still had a great time. 

Sunday, I went to the Sugarland Concert.  It was a blast.  Again, I was the DD.  It did not bother me one bit.  Especially having to work the next day I knew I would be no use even if I had one drink.  **I am the biggest lightweight.** 

We got home pretty late and then I could not sleep.  There is a lot on my mind these days.  I believe I got 2 and a half hours of sleep last night.  Hence the case of the Mundays!

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend. Dan & I love Sugarland...we are jealous you got to go to the concert.
    I hope that next time you are the DD it's because your PREGNANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH ! Hate the Mundays!!! Hope you sleep tonight! I can't wait to hear about your upcoming FET! I'm sending hugs and good vibes your way!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Herman, MO for Octoberfest a few years ago. It was awesome!!!

    I went out and had a few beers during day 4 of my stims this last cycle. I wouldnt worry about it.

    I hope Tuesday is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you had a great weekend! Wineries are always a cool thing to go to...it is fun to sample all of the different types of wines. Sugarland is awesome! Glad you go to see them!

    To drink or not drink is a sticky decision...sometimes I do just need a beer to take the edge off!

    I hope your 'Mundays' do not carry into Tuesday! Get some good sleep tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend - I'm jealous you got to go to Sugarland!

    I understand being more careful on drinking during medicated cycles, though I still definitely have drinks to take the edge off though - some nights it's just needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've managed to get drunk at wine tastings, even if i barely swallow anything. pathetic!!

    when is your estimated transfer date? i need to know if i'll be picking you up on the BFP train, or if you need to come get me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend. I think being happy and enjoying a cocktail or two is completely fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love wineries. As for the drinking, I'm sure a glass or two is okay. My RE used to tell me: "If a glass of wine helps you relax every once in a while, I'm not going to tell you no!" I hope you get to catch up on your sleep this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! :-) I've heard the wineries are beautiful and keep telling hubby we need to head out there... That's happened. ha!

    I appreciate your kind words you left on my blog. You are right in that the blogworld can keep us connected if/when we move. Things are still so up in the air that who knows how it will all actually land! I am awaiting the day you and Jessica get the fantastic news yourself!!! :-) And will continue rooting you both on until then too!

    ReplyDelete