Speaking of, I am going to change focus now and talk about our fantastically fun vacation! We spent 6 nights in Riviera Mya with another couple that we simply adore. It was absolutely awesome. I cannot remember the last time we had so much fun.
I created a scavenger hunt for the two lay-overs we had. Included in this airport scavenger hunt was fanny-pack, mullet, dog, shoe shiner, ATM, and child on a leash (classic). The object of the game was to get one of us in a picture with the object. We had to be pretty sneaky on some of them!! It sure did help pass the time.
The resort was gorgeous. Food, was ok. It was not bad, it was just different.
Weather was mostly perfect. The last day however was like a monsoon. Somehow we still manged to have a blast. We had our own little private party down at the beach with only about 15 other people. The bartenders even had a great time. Typically they are running around crazy tending to hundreds of people. Not that day. They were laughing, dancing, and even taking pictures with us. I love how we made such a gloomy day into the best day of our trip!
Oh and Jerry and I won a dance competition one night. This is hysterical to us because anyone that knows us, knows I have no rhythm or coordination. I think they may have felt sorry for us. :O) We got up in front of about 300 guests and danced to all different genres. There was a tie breaker at the end. They played The Time of My Life from the movie Dirty Dancing. I guess I had enough drinks in me, because I slowly started backing up. Before I knew it, I was clear across the stage from Jerry. The other couple stopped dancing. The announcer stopped talking. I heard some gasps from the audience that knew exactly what I was about to attempt. There was no turning back at that point. I looked at Jerry. He had a huge smile on his face. I ran and shockingly enough did not fall on my face. Jerry lifted me in the air and we nailed it! Ok, it was no Patrick Swayze and Baby, but I was in the air and the audience cheered! Final vote and we won over the crowd!
Jerry and I really stepped out of our comfort zones on this trip. I cannot tell you how much we needed this vacation. To be able to get away from all the craziness and heartache, even for just a minute. It was perfect. I love my husband dearly. I wish we could have more moments like we did in Mexico. Just pure bliss...and that it was.
Here are some pics....
A walk to the beach before dinner
The boys trying out for Baywatch in the lifeguard tower. Something tells me by the beer in their hands that they did not make the cut.
Our forever friends. This trip would not have been the same without them.

Awwww such great pictures. So glad you had so much fun. The pictures definitely show it!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures! uh, no picture of you impersonating Baby? I would like to see that. I am so glad you were able to have such an awesome vacation. You deserve it.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful trip...you look amazing in the pictures...so happy!!! I can't believe you pulled the Dirty Dancing move out in front of 300 strangers..I would have loved to see that...LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic! We went there in May and it was great. Nice pics!! Hope your cycle is going well too.
ReplyDeleteOH man - I've always wanted to try that move but never had the guts to do it. Wish you had a picture of it! Great pictures though - looks like a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteI loved your pictures! So glad you had a good time! Vacations are the reason I work!! haha
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your FET! I know you have been kind of down lately...and I want you to know I have been and will be praying that this works for you!
Awww Im glad you had such a great time! :) Sounds like you not only renewed your vows, but renewed your spirit as well :)
ReplyDeleteOh that would have been priceless to see that Dirty Dancing move! So glad you and Jerry had a much needed time away to reconnect and rejuveniate (sp?) for big things to come! :-) Love the photos! You look so carefree and happy!!!
ReplyDelete