Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I bet you say that to all the girls

Yesterday I went in for an ultrasound. They were just checking on my lining and to make sure I did not have any cysts. Everything went fine and all systems are still a go! I asked the doc a couple questions about the transfer and thawing. We talked a little bit about the PGD embryos and our other two embryos. If one or both of the PGD embryos do not survive the thaw we will use the other two. However, he feels very confident that they will. I asked about success rates for FET vs fresh cycle. He said when it comes down to it, it is all about the embryo quality. Before he walked out of the room he shook my hand, smiled, and with confidence said we are going to make a baby. I first smiled real big, but as he walked out of the room I wanted to ask if I could get that in writing! Ladies, has your doc said this to you? Do they say that to all the girls?

Last night I had my first Delestrogen shot. It was not bad ... once I figured out what I was doing. I could not figure out the conversion of my dose to the syringe. After calling my buddy at Dreams of a Baby and enlisting my hubby, we all figured it out.

I am starting to get pretty excited. Things are a happening!

9 comments:

  1. you must've JUST posted this, bc my blogroll didn't update yet. i was just thinking about you and wondering how it was going so far!!

    doc's shouldn't say things like that unless they're super hopeful and confident, so the fact that your doc is soo optimistic is great!!
    someone needs to start the BFP train asap and then come by my house to pick me up please :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) to you! I sure hope your doc is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for you!! Didnt you start this cycle back in May? I think good things come to those who wait!

    With both of my IVF procedures my doc said that I would get pregnant...he was right the 2nd time! I wish they wouldnt say stuff like that though....in my opinion it gives us too much false hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He said the same thing to me!!! While I appreciate his confidence It doesn't really mean much to me..since he was wrong last time!! Oh well is going to be right about both of us this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited the FET is here! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I'd like to wish you the very best of luck, and I REALLY hope your doctor is right.

    Second I will say that my FORMER RE said that to me on mulitple occasions. Once before we started cycling, and then after each one of my SIX iui's. (His proclamations got me nowhere.)

    I'm with Sienna, while I think it's important that doctors exude optimism and confidence, I think they need to be extremely careful about defined statements like that. (here's hoping your doc is very selective)

    Sending you tons of sticky vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting!!! :-) I think it's good that he's optimistic, even if it is with every patient. Afterall, a little bit of hope goes a long way! I'm very optimistic that you and Jessica will be comparing notes for MANY years to come as your babes grow up together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all docs say that to make us feel better. What they don't get is that it doesn't make us feel better...well not in the long run. I think it's great that he's positive though. I guess it's better than saying, well we might be making a baby. :) Hoping and praying this IS the ONE!

    ReplyDelete