Yesterday was Valentine's Day as everyone knows. We really don't usually do anything special. It is just another day and I can tell my husband every day that I love him. I do not need Hallmark to pick the day. Well, my husband felt otherwise yeaterday and did too much! Feel free to skip this post if gushing over your significant other makes you ill. I am not saying we are perfect by any means, but my hubs sure does make me feel special.
He called me earlier in the day and asked what time I would be home. Then he insisted I be home at a specific time. No earlier, no later. I got home and was not feeling well. Just achy and tired. He told me to go down in the basement and lay down. I was instructed to go downstairs and to not come back up until he said so. I did not mind one bit, because the couch and blanket sounded fantastic!
I heard some commotion, but tried to ignore because I knew he was trying very hard to surprise me. Finally he led me up the stairs. This is what I found....
He went and picked up Olive Garden. I absolutely LOVE the OG! I could eat as my whole meal salad and breadsticks with Alfredo dipping sauce. I am not kidding...I have done it many times. He said he was going to make me a home cooked meal, but he knows me too well. I am rather embarrassed to say it, but it is very rare that I like home cooked meals. It does not matter who is making it. Now, I will eat anything and will never be rude to anyone making me a meal. With all honesty though, I do not actually CRAVE home cooked meals. I am aware...I am weird.
He even thought about the beverage and picked up some sparkling grape juice for the two of us to share!
Last but not least...dessert.....yum! I was so stuffed from dinner but somehow found room for these delicious chocolate covered strawberries.
Finally, the night was ended with a 45 minute back massage. Holy Moly that was the best Valentine's Day ever!
I love you Jerry with all my heart! I certainly won the lottery when I met you. You say you are worried you will not be a good father. Well, if you love and care for our child half as much as you take care of me...I would consider our child the luckiest ever! Like the song says, to the world I may be just another one, but you make me feel like the only one in your world. Thank you for being My Valentine...mwwwaaaah!




awwww, love love love! your hubby is sooo sweet :o) glad you had a GREAT v-day and happy 30 weeks!! time is aflying, huh? xoxoxoxo.
ReplyDeletethat is so sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 30 weeks! How sweet. Dinner looked amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteGood job Jerry!! What a sweet heart.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet guy to do all that!!! So funny that you don't like home cooked meals... Any particular reason?? I'm intrigued. haha!
ReplyDelete