Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rolling Along

Last Saturday night Jerry and my family threw me a birthday party.  It was so much fun.  We had it at my brothers bar.  They have a nice patio out back and they reserved that for the party.  All of my family had on shirts with pictures of me over the years.  Some pics were better than others (awkward phase from age 8 to 18).  It was very creative and awesome.  I love my family! 

A few of our friends also surprised me...with a wheelchair!  To give you some back story...I have issues with my feet and legs.  It is a condition that is hereditary and me and one of my sisters have it.  It is nothing life threatening and I could go on and on about it, but that could be a whole separate post.  Long story short...I am not the best on my feet.  There has been a running joke for years that by the time I am 30 I will be in a wheelchair.  Well it came true!  It was a shiny red motorized wheelchair even decorated with streamers and balloons.  I got to say..I LOVED it!!
I motored around the party the rest of the evening.  At one point there were other people not from our party that came outside.  My friends were cracking up at their faces when I would get up from the chair.  They must have really thought I was wheelchair dependant and they had just witnessed a miracle.  The whole night was perfect.  Just hanging out and laughing with the people I love most!

Speaking of Rolling Along...  our transfer is this week.  Sorry, I am not going to tell the date.  Whether this cycle is good or bad I want the time for Jerry and I to accept/mourn/celebrate before having to announce to anyone.  To answer a couple of your questions though we are transferring two.  They are our only two that are good PGD embryos. 

I have been praying for these two embabies since April.  Every day I pray for their strength through this process.  I pray that God will give Jerry and I the opportunity to hold them in our arms.  I pray to our 5 angel babies that they will watch over their two siblings.  So the thought of one or even both of them not surviving, has struck me with terrible sadness.  I know that if I am pregnant with just one that I will be thrilled and feel blessed for the life inside me.  However, there will be a sadness for the other baby.  It will feel like I lost another.  I ask all of you for your prayers.  Please pray for our two precious babies.   

13 comments:

  1. Your party sounds fabulous!!! So funny! I love the pic =).

    Wishing you tons of luck and praying for your 2 embabies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture..you look so pretty!!

    I will continue to pray for those two babies!! I am getting so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great birthday! You are so pretty! I will be praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have some awesome friends. You look so beautiful! Will be praying this week that the transfer goes smoothly and continue to pray for those little embies to grow, grow, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty! I will keep you and your two embabies in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pic! Love the dress. Best wishes with your transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome pic!!! and you were rocking that wheelchair :o)

    i am pulling for you very very hard on this cycle. *goodluck* with transfer, and i will be praying, as well as keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you that this is finally it. universe - it's T's turn. ya hear?? xoxoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress!!! Sounds like a great party and a wonderful family! GL with your upcoming cycle. Many prayers for those 2 embies you are transferring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great Birthday - loved your dress!

    Good luck this week. You guys and the embies are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck this week!!! I'll say an extra prayer for your little embabies. I hope to see pictures of them in 9 months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your transfer and I think it's awesome that you aren't telling the date. I completely understand, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, the name she picked was Lainey…her other two kids are Luke and Lilly so she went with the L theme. Cute theme but I am not a fan of the name Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a great time! I love the pic. :)

    Good luck...I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete