Thursday, June 3, 2010

Infertility Queen

Sorry so long since my last post. We had a mini-vacation and then been busy at work. I want to share what I got in the mail today. Some of you may have visited this site Fertility Socks. I found it through another blog and thought it was such a unique and thoughtful idea. I will definitely be participating and sending a pair of socks. Here is the pair that I received and hopefully some day soon get to wear at my FET...

Not sure if the crowns mean I am the Queen of Infertility. Sadly that is not something I want to be the Queen of. Queen of my house, Queen of bargain shopping....but infertility...you can take that crown back! :O) Regardless I am thrilled to get my "lucky" socks and very thankful for Emily and all the kind people that have donated.

I also wanted to talk about someone that I recently met. A fellow co-worker that I never met until a couple weeks ago announced that she was leaving at the end of the month. We will call her D. She casually in front of several people said that she and her husband had been trying to get pregnant for awhile and if she was going to spend $20,000 to have a child she did not want to be stressed out with work too. Whoa, I could not believe she just said that to all those people that she did not really know! I envied her that she could be that open. We have all talked about the stigma on infertility and how hard it can be opening up about it. I am already a private person and do not like people knowing my business. Add a topic that can be so controversial...I shut down and become a mute! There is only one person at my work that knows anything related to my infertility. So can you believe I asked her (privately of course) about her situation?? And discussed mine?!

There have been so many times in this journey that I have felt alone. This blog and the support I get from all of you has done wonders for me! I wanted to see where she was and if in fact she may feel alone as well. So I am giving her the location of my blog and I would like you all to welcome her. I am not sure if she wants to start her own or just check out each of our stories. Either way, D, I know we really do not know each other but I enjoyed talking to you today. If there is anything I can ever do...well you know where I sit and now you have my blog to contact me in the future.

11 comments:

  1. I wish I could take the month off work! Love the socks. I hope they bring ya good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are so cute! They were lucky for me and I'm crossing my fingers they are for you too!!! When are you doing your FET? June right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind. I just read your timeline!!! I hope you ovulate this month so you can put in one of your frozen babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are amazing! I love them. And I think it means you are the queen of being awesome. :) Welcome to D, and I hope she starts a blog of her own. As much as this journey sucks, it's nice to read what other people are going through and blogging is a great way to support one another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your friend, and she gets major props for making having a baby the ultimate priority in her life!! And for telling everyone, of course. So glad you could meet and share with each other- that is so important in our journey and so often something we don't have (IRL support). Hang in there- love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute socks..I might have to get myself a pair too.

    Welcome D..I hope you find comfort in T's blog... I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is terrific! So glad you reached out! Love the socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great link! I just signed up for a pair, and then donated as well. I love support in any shape or form!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I want to give you a gold star! :-) You are an amazing woman and it is okay to be private about your circumstances but that you took initatiave {sp?} and approached D shows that you really do have a heart of gold and will put yourself aside to help be there for someone else! Gosh I hope that is coming out/across right...

    Praying that the socks signify that you're going to be the Queen of your household with a Prince or Princess {or both!} on their way soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just read your post and I love the socks. Hopefully, this month will be it for you. I am so open about my infertility that sometimes it is too much - especially when people think that means they can ask me all kinds of weirdo questions at work. ;) However, welcome to your friend and I hope it all works out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the socks...I just had x-fer last week wished I had these to wear instead Im stuck wearing those lovely compression hose:) Hope you get to wear these soon....Best of Luck Kristi.....Ps my blog is http://lettheivfrollercoasterridebegin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete