Saturday, March 20, 2010

Acupuncture Photo Shoot

Thank you everyone for the advice! It was interesting to hear how everyone has handled the communication differently. At this time, I think we are going to continue to keep it on the down low. Who knows as we get closer, but I will let you know if we end up spilling the beans!


So yesterday was my first acupuncture appointment. I have heard of many women that have had success with IVF/acupuncture. Let's be honest, at this point I will try anything! Seriously, if one of you ladies told me that during egg retrieval you found that eating an orange peel while humming the theme song from Facts of Life improved your cycle...I would be buying a bushel of oranges and signing up for the Facts of Life Fan Club as we speak! **Please do not inform me of any such absurdities...my husband may leave me at that point** :O)

As I was saying...Acupuncture. The appointment went very well. I would HIGHLY recommend Wellbody to anyone considering acupuncture in the area. I had a consultation with Greg and he was SUPER nice. He asked me many questions about my history with infertility. When I told him about our 5 failed pregnancies he was genuinely saddend by our loss. Him and his wife have experienced two. They have also experienced success with pregnancy and acupuncture (two beautiful healthy little girls).

Greg explained the purpose behind acupuncture and its benefits with IF. I then got on the table (which was nice and heated). I grabbed my phone because I really wanted to take a quick picture for my blog to document and so you can all see that have not been through it. Greg noticed the phone and I said I promise I will turn it right off. I just wanted to take a quick picture. He then OFFERED to take some pics! HAHA, he must think I am crazy. I asked if he got the request often. He pasued, smiled...and said no not too often! The pics are not fantastic...but I did not pay extra for the photography package! :O)

It is hard to see the needles in this picture they are on my feet, legs,

hands, wrists, neck, and head

This one is pretty bright, but you can see the needles better

It did not hurt one bit as he put the needles in. At times, I could barely even tell he did anything. I then just laid there for 30 minutes. He came back in after 10 minutes to check on me. I could have very well slept during the whole thing. After 30 minutes, the needles were out and I was on my way. I cannot say that I feel any different. Not that I was expecting to. Just one of many things I would do to hopefully make this the best cycle possible!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!



6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed acupuncture. That is so funny that he offered to take the pictures for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've heard nothing but great things about WellBody too so that is just wonderful! Oh, I loved my acu visits and hope you find them just as beneficial as I did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you liked acupuncture. I'm still thinking about doing it. Are you sure it didn't hurt at all? I'm such a chicken for pain. Last cycle since we did injections I got blood drawn every other day and injections in my belly everyday. So I was miserable!!! How often do you have to do it? I really hope it works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love that you took pictures! I've heard great things about acupuncture and IVF too. Hope this works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, I love that you took pics, or that he offered to take pics of you!! You are brave...I don't even open my eyes once I'm on the table until every needle is out! I'm with you, I will do WHATEVER it takes to make this a winning cycle, hoping for good news for both of us. Are you getting close to starting meds?? I think I'm starting Lupron on Friday!! Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you enjoyed accupuncture. I went to Wellbody too. Christine and Greg are both so nice. I have to admit, I tried it based on what others said but never really felt it did anything for me. I am interested to see how you like it in the long run. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete