Ok....very excited....but now not sure.
As a previous post explained, my dr recommended antioxidants for both myself and my husband. I was INCREDIBLY dissapointed when I found out they were $85 per each month supply. He said that if I found something with similar ingredients that I could take them instead. I searched, but came up empty. Today I stumbled across a site that I thought may provide a similar product.
FertilityBlend
I called the Clinical nurse at my dr's office and told her the name of the product and if it would be sufficient to the Total Fertility and Fertile One supplements they had recommended. I gave her the website...but not convinced she checked it out. She said that they would be fine. WOOOOOHOOO! Why do I say woohoo, you ask? I say woooohooo because a one month supply total for the both of us, with what they recommend is $170. A one month supply total for the both of us, with the FertilityBlend is $52.99. WOW!!!!!!!!
So very excited about my find, I get ready to order the product and stumble across this......
In regards to the Fertility Blend for Women:
FertilityBlend for Women is not a drug. It is a daily nutritional supplement. While it is not intended for the treatment of any disease, it may be used as a "soft" approach to optimize fertility in a natural manner, as an option prior to, or instead of, "hard" options such as in vitro fertilization or fertility drugs. FertilityBlend does not have the degree of side effects associated with drug therapy, but it should not be combined with IVF or drug therapy due to the risk of enhancing or interfering with those effects.
Ummmmm.....but I am going to be doing IVF......
Then reading up on the mens formula....
Although FertilityBlend for Women should not be combining with IVF or fertility drugs due to possible hormone interactions, men's FertilityBlend should not interfere with these type of fertility treatments.
Ok, so that is good news!
However, when I checked the ingredients, there are quite a few more ingredients in the Fertile One supplement than the Fertility Blend.
So...what is a girl to do? The nurse said yeah it was fine, but I can't help but second guess after what I just read. I went ahead and emailed the nurse and dr about my concerns. I will keep you all posted. What do you all think? As if I was not stressed out enough.......
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would e-mail Dr. A too...I hope he responds soon. That would be awesome if you could save that much money!!
ReplyDeleteThis product sounds interesting. Do you think I should ask my DR about taking it even if we are just trying naturally? It took us 14 months to get PG with our twins and we were just about to start clomid. We are going to try again naturally for a while, but I am nervous it is going to take a long time again. I want my body to become a clean comfy home for the next baby. I am only asking you since you have done so much research. I can't see how this would hurt our chances....
ReplyDelete