Sorry for no post in the last week! Every time I got the time to write something...I couldn't think of anything to write. Hmmm...what has happened in the last week....
I got the supplements in the mail so Jerry and I have been taking those. I can't believe I take 3 a day! Sounds excessive, but what do I know!?
I applied for the Compassionate Care Program (thank you again Jessica!) to possibly receive free IVF meds. That is around $3000 worth of meds! I am eagerly awaiting news and hoping to God that we get approved!!
There were a few ups and downs. The baby shower was not bad. Except for the part where my Aunt asked how I was. I answered with a big smile on my face and said super. She responded back with I am sure you are not. Wow, thanks! Well, I was super...but now that you just reminded me, yeah I guess I would like to run out of here. I have NEVER said anything about our battles with IF to this aunt or any of my extended family for that matter. So whoever you are that has spilled the beans...THANKS! I am glad now instead of just feeling inside that I am a barren freak, everyone else now knows it!
Since I am on a rampage at this point I will fill you in on another lovely comment. This comment came from a prego. She has made MANY comments during her pregnancy that have completely driven me crazy. Oh, and she is only 4 months along. To give you a little background...
I am catholic. I was raised catholic (baptized, first communion, confirmation, grade school, high school, etc.) I cannot say that I have been the best catholic the last few years...obviously since I am pursuing IVF...but I do go to church and try my best to be a good christian. So prego says she is Catholic, but never goes to church...which is completely fine I am not judging anyone! The conversation came up about Lent and what the Catholics in the room were giving up for Lent. For anyone that is not Catholic or does not know, Lent is a 40 day period that begins on Ash Wednesday and concludes on Easter. Lent is considered a time of penance and discipline, hence the "giving up something" as I earlier stated. I said that I gave up alcohol. So here comes the comment....and might I point out that prego looks right at me....pause again... (Prego knows that I have been trying for a family for years and that we have had multiple miscarriages) Ok, back to comment...she says....I figure I had to give up alcohol and cigarettes now that I am pregnant so I figure I have given up enough.....
WHAT?!?!?!?! You HAD to give up alcohol and cigarettes!? Do you know what I would give up to be pregnant?!!? I would give up air if I could!!!! Oh, and I have given up enough! Seriously!? You say you are catholic so you believe that God gave up his own son for you! You have been given the greatest GIFT ever and you feel like not drinking and smoking is enough. I am going to stop there because I was taught if you do not have anything nice to say to not say it at all. Also, as a Catholic I try every day to not be angry and bitter. As you can see I am human and the ugly side surfaces at times. Oh, freakin IF...go away....
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. She is truly just one of those people that makes me shake my head and wonder what in world happened to her to make her so....AWFUL! The shower and then that! Ugh! I'm so very sorry.
ReplyDeleteWow...she is so ungreatful!! I'll take the baby and she can keep her cigarettes and alcohol!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that would really make me mad. It sounds like you did a great job handling the whole situation though.
ReplyDeleteI hope the supplements do the trick! I'm hoping ours kick in sometime soon.
Wow, seriously who says that?!? At least you can rise above...and if you can't then just keep blogging about it!!! Hoping you get the free meds, how amazing would that be?!? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I left you a blog award...check it out!!
OMG those comments were seriously just uncalled for and shitty! So not fair!!! =(
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog =). I just found yours and I read your side bar, you have been through so much. I can't even imagine. I hope and pray your get your miracle very soon. And I hope you get those free meds too! =)
WHAT!?!?! I am still in shock she would have the nurve to say such a thing! I was just sitting here shaking my head as I read that! What a!!!! Seriously! Some people are just truly so ungrateful it makes me sick!
ReplyDeleteA prego I know once told me "You don't realize how lucky you are to be able to sleep at night. With this big belly sleeping sucks."
Guess what!? I'd take a sleepless night any day of any week if it meant I was going to have our baby!
Ungrateful people!
I'm sorry you didnt get approved. My heart breaks for you.
Just know, your in my thoughts and prayers!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going back and reading some of your posts. All I have to say about this is OH MY!! I just don't understand people. I agree with you. I would give up whatever I had to give up in order to get pregnant. I truly think unless you go through something like this you just cannot understand the desperation we feel.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading more of your blog. :)