So as I stated in my last post, we have started our registry. I have a question/pole for all the new Mom's out there.
Bottles....
![]() |
Playtex VentAire
Playtex Drop Ins
Avent
Dr Brown's
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature
Born Free
![]() |
I carried angels in my
womb,
Right below my heart.
The time
with my Angels was short,
But I loved my babies from the
Start.-unknown
I bought the Playtex drop ins because that is what my sister who has 3 kids used. They are easier to clean up since you just throw the plastic away. You don't have to worry about scraping the crusty milk from the bottom of the bottle....and I am all about what makes my life easier.
ReplyDeleteWe ended up going with Avent.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I can't remember exactly why we chose those, but out of the two brands we had, Baby loved the Avent ones. I think because they have quite a wide teat and so it helped her latch better.
I liked them because they were easier to clean as they have wider necks so no wrestling with a bottle brush trying to get in each corner. They were also a brand that were easy to buy all the accessories for the we needed as our needs changed (like the travel lid/cap things etc)
I would recommend getting 23 or 3 types and seeing which ones Baby likes best, then buying more of that one as you need it :-)
All the best...isn't it exciting making these decisions?!
We use Dr. Brown and Tommee Tippee and our baby does well with both. (We also got a free Avent bottle at a place we registered for and he does fine with that one too.) He isn't picky. I prefer the Tommee Tippee because it has less parts involved than the Dr. Brown. And if it's the middle of the night and you put the inside parts of the Dr. Brown bottles in not as tight as they should be they leak. My poor husband knows this from experience. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above comment. We bought different kinds and went from there. Your baby may be different, but B couldn't care less what he's drinking from as long as he's eating. :)
all my friends and my sister swear by born free vs avent. so i registered for the former as well :o)
ReplyDeleteI registered for every single type of bottle I saw. Haha.
ReplyDeleteEvery person that I asked gave me a different answer, so I thought I'd try some variety. :)
I got a couple {literally, two} Playtex drop in bottles. One silicone nipple, one latex. She's hardly ever had a bottle though... I love that you can just throw the liner away so hardly anything to clean. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also pump occasionally and am able to pump directly into the insert and freeze. When ready, thaw and go without dirtying up anything. :-)
I've only been a mom for 6 days and I'm obviously not breast feeding buti love the Dr. Brown's bottles. They are supposed to be great for colic and gas. So far ellie has only spit up twice. And that was just a tiny bit.
ReplyDeleteOthers might have better advice since you are breast feeding.