Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Most Beautiful Sound We Have Ever Heard

Saturday afternoon I spotted.  All of our past miscarriages came rushing back to me.  I was beyond devastated.  I called the exchange, knowing they could not do anything, but did not know where to turn.  The nurse said to take it easy, lay down, and drink some water.  I did just that, however we had about 10 friends coming over to hang out for the evening.  Oh and most were on their way already.  It was so hard!  I lied and said that I hurt my back.  That got me out of a lot of movement and holding babies.  I could not think of anything else with a house full of friends.  I knew it was over.

Well, pleasantly I was wrong.  The spotting stopped and I had nothing more since that afternoon.  We just went today for our 2nd ultrasound.  Our baby is just fine!  I am not sure I have ever taken a sigh of relief so big!  Doc said it was probably an irritant from the suppositories. 

Then...we heard....the most beautiful sound we have ever heard....our babies heartbeat.  Nothing prepares you for such an amazing moment.  There is not just cells growing inside you.  There is one little tiny perfect heartbeat!  I pray that you all get to experience this someday.  This moment was worth all the pain, heartache, and money!  Without further delay, our baby at 6w4d....


This was our last appt with Dr P.A.  I cannot believe it!  When we left I immediately called J (our nurse from our previous dr).  Months ago I said how much I loved her and how it was hard to leave her care.  Her office does not do IVF, but she continued communicating with Dr. P.A. (she is good friends with him and also works for his brother).  I text her to call me when she had a chance.  She immediately called me and sounded scared.  Our conversations are usually not about anything good so I could tell she was nervous about what I was going to tell her.  I immediately blurted out the words, I am pregnant!  Maybe even before hello.  It felt so good to say those words.  Oh yeah, if I have not said already we have not told our friends and family.  We are still waiting.  Not sure when will be the moment, but we just really want to feel like we are in a good place and we can say the words without any reservation.  I understand no date will ever be "safe," but to have heartbeat and several ultrasounds would make us more confident.  Oh and it is KILLING us!

So I am getting off track.  Anywho, we already have an appt with J and Dr. G.A. next week.  J is talking about running some tests (did not go into detail), ultrasound, intralipids, and on and on.  It just made me feel so much better.  She said she wants to be over cautiouss with me.  Awesome, cause I am already there!!

Thank you again for all of your continued support and congrats!  I feel you are all my friends that know some of the best and worst about me.  I am forever grateful for each and everyone of you!!

18 comments:

  1. i'm definitely still reading (and apparently still commenting, haha). i've been wondering how you've been doing and i'm soooo happy you heard the heartbeat and everything is a-okay so far. i have my fingers and toes crossed for you that you have an uneventful pregnancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. A will release me into the OB wilds on Friday. I'm praying to have a wonderful experience on Friday at my 6w4d u/s. Best of luck...you certainly are due for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to hear the heartbeat! It's a wonderful wonderful sound. The greatest ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!! Such a beautiful moment hearing that heartbeat!!!! :-) So glad it was just a scare and praying it was the last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everything was ok and you got to hear the heartbeat!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad everything is okay and so happy you got to hear the heartbeat! What an amazing sound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that scare had you really nervous but I'm glad everything is just fine! How exciting to hear the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful news. I was thinking about you this morning wondering how the pregnancy was going. I am so relieved you got to hear the heart beat. That is an amazing sound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh T...that is such great news!! I hope you farted on him for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I am so happy to hear this and to see the pictures. I can't imagine how thrilled you must feel! Fingers crossed for another great appointment next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy everything is ok!!!!!!

    This is just a suggestion, but I bought a doppler monitor(Sonoline B) on Ebay for $55 and it was the best investment I ever made. I could start hearing the heartbeat at around 13-14 weeks. It has been the best thing. I can listen to that beautiful sound anytime I want! You are a lot thinner then me so I bet you could hear yours at 12 weeks!

    Anyway, I'm still just so thrilled this pregnancy is looking good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey T! Glad you had a good appt, I was actually going to tell you something via email...but I couldn't find your email on here. Anyway, praying that everything continues to go smoothly with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Words cannot even adequately convey just how happy I am for you. I look forward to hearing so much more from you about this amazing journey you are on. I am praying for a happy and healthy 9 for you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember that amazing sound. I'm so glad that you got to hear it and that your little bean is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for you! :) Thanks for sharing the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMIGOSH!!! I've been MIA but I just saw this and am SO incredibly thrilled for you!!! CONGRATS on seeing that perfect little hearbeat, such an amazing moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad for good news!! I'm just thrilled. I know those are the best pics you've ever seen. :) Praying that everything continue to go so well.

    ReplyDelete