Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Introducing.....

Our baby......

I think these are my most favorite pictures ever!!  Even though my darling husband said that it looked like bad weather.  Got to love him!  We are thrilled and elated!  I figured based on my betas there was only going to be one.  Please do not hate me for saying I was a bit sad to see that both did not make it.  I am beyond happy and know how incredibly blessed we are.  It is just that I have prayed for these particular babies since April so yes, my heart does hurt a bit that they both did not survive.  I know that it is all of God's plan and I trust him. 

Today I had some mixed emotions.  Like I said, I am completely over the moon and cannot stop smiling.  However, when we walked out of the room I whispered to the nurse in case there was a fellow IFr around.  When I made my appt at the front desk, I hid my ultrasound pics because there was another couple waiting.  When I went to get my intralipid infusion the nurse kept asking me about everything and if I was pregnant.  I felt guilty because there were two other women in there and I was unsure whether they were pregnant.  Then today I wanted to blog, but I kept thinking of everyone that has not been successful, yet.  I wish we could all be pregnant!  I hate that anyone is still waiting! 

So to all of you out there waiting, if this pregnancy continues to go well (please Lord let this baby continue to grow healthy and strong) please feel free to stop reading my blog.  I know how painful it can be.  I want to continue to be able to write about all my experiences and I understand that is not what you want to hear.  I am still going to be around reading your blogs and supporting you.  I love you all and have faith that we all will hold our miracles someday.

21 comments:

  1. Aww YAY!!! I am sooo happy for you!! And I totally understand the excitement and the small disappointment at the same time. We put back FOUR so of course it was a little hard not to be sad when only one stuck. But of course it's just sooo wonderful. So the disappiontment doesn't last long. :) So happy things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a hard place to be in and it is sweet of you to care so much of other people's feelings but try to enjoy this without feeling guilty. Everyone will get their blessings in God's time.

    I'm sorry to hear about one of the babies not making it. Yes, you are blessed but it is okay to hurt for the one baby who didn't make it. Because that little one was your baby as well.

    I'm so excited and happy for you...tons of prayers for this sweet baby! And as a ultrasound technician to be, I will have to agree, this is one of the cutest baby's I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes. I am SO incredibly happy for you. You have been through so much, and it makes me smile to see you on the other side of this. You deserve all the happiness that comes your way.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What amazing news. I'm so happy for you. I do not blame you one bit for feeling the loss of an embie..I think it's natural to feel that way. But live in the moment and soak up all these wonderful feelings!! Congrats mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYYYY! I cannot even begin to tell you just how happy I am for you. You have been through so much and you absolutely deserve this! I pray that your little bean snuggles in tight until sometime next Spring. I look forward to following along and will not ever stop reading! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you!!! One of the hardest parts of finding out I was pregnant was the guilt I felt each time I posted. My first weekly update post was almost traumatic and then watching my number of comments dwindle from the tens of comments to the ones was hard. You have to be happy and celebrate this moment though and those that want to come along will come along and some will join you down the road when they get their good news. Don't take it personally. I did at first and was hurt by it but now I am just enjoying each milestone and posting about everything so I don't forget a moment. Enjoy T! Thanks so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What an exciting day for you! And you are so sweet to consider the feelings of other IFr's, but know that we are all happy for you and don't feel like you have to hide your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture!!! Congratulations! I also understand what you are saying about the guilt. I definitely have felt it as well, especially when returning to the office for intralipids or even in posting when I know others are still waiting for their miracle. For me, I was always encouraged to see others' good news or to see pregnant women in the office when we were still waiting. However, I know everyone is different and definitely respect that we all need to process in our own way. You are very sweet and considerate of everyone and their journey. Do continue to celebrate your miracle, though, you so deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your LO is so cute already!! Congrats, I know that before I got pregnant I appreciated post like these, it helped to know you are still thinking of them. We are lucky to be back in the PG club and yet sometimes I feel I still don't fit. Enjoy it as much as you can, I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful baby!!! Oh hun I'm so excited for you and will continue praying for your baby to grow and thrive and stay nice and comfoy for the next 7 months! :-)

    Although I did not go thru IVF and see those embryos that were my babies, in preparing for IVF I already mourned the loss of the embryos that did not make it. To me, it is a baby. So I can completely understand that it is a greiving process yet be so thankful at the same time.

    All i can say is I understand the guilt... I still battle with it. It's so difficult walking along side such great women who are trying just as hard and praying just as much and crying rivers along with you that it seems unfair that one gets pregnant and another doesn't. It has been pointed out time and time again how I am not blogging as much as I was before and it is becuase it pains me yet at the same time I want to document the process as we plan to turn the blog into a book for keepsake. You'll feel what's right for you and understandably people will no longer follow your blog but as you said, you can still cheer on the side lines for them just as I've done for those that I've followed.

    Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! It's hard to be stuck in TTC land and see pics like these, but it also gives me hope. You totally deserve this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats :) It is so awesome (and a testament to your character) how sensitive you're being. I have to admit I've kind of gotten to feel lately like all-things-pregnancy/baby are in another dimension compared to the one I'll always be in, but I will definitely keep you on my blogroll and will be praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you. Thank you for your prayers for those of us still longing (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pics! I'm so excited for you...I just knew this would work for you!!

    I know what you mean about pregnancy blogging guilt. I feel bad writing about the good stuff because I dont want to hurt people's feelings and I feel like people dont really read my blog anymore because of it. However, I've been through the mill (and so have you) and we deserve to be happy and honest with our blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. no feeling guilty!! you've been waiting oh-so long for this, so just enjoy every minute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm happy for you and you will remain on my blogroll... sometimes it's nice to read happy stories.

    Wishing you the very best with this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful pics!!! :) YAYYY! You DESERVE every second of this girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. For me it is encouraging that it is possible to conceive with IVF.

    The one thing I have learned while going through all this pain is that I can be empathetic towards others that go through a tough time. The Lord has blessed you with empathy and that is wonderful. Not everyone wold care about others. It is a gift from God...
    Just know that it is okay to be happy :) I am happy for you and I am praying for you, your husband and your baby.
    Much Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm usually a lurker here but wanted to congratulate you! I had a transfer with Dr. A. at SIRM a few days before you did. Our ultrasounds look very similar. LOL Congratulations, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man..I am really behind on reading blogs!! What great pictures!! I will be with you throughout your pregnancy no matter what...hopefully you will rub off on me and I will get pregnant too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY! The word,"congratulations" doesn't even seem big enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats honey!!! That is wonderful. I'm still here...trying to get my next post together. Puppy is wearing me OUT!!! I will post pics soon:)

    ReplyDelete