Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In God's Hands

So I am not sure where to start. This post has been in edit mode for about a week. First off, thank you for all your prayers and especially to all that has checked back in when I did not post anything. My heart has been all over the place. I will try to give you a play by play.

On Thursday, August 5th at 10:00 am 2 perfect embryos were thawed and transferred.

I did not POAS or ask for the 1st beta results. My office does two and then usually gives you the results after the second one, unless you request to get the first one early.

I am glad that I waited because it turned out that on Wednesday, August 11th - 6dp5dt my 1st beta was only a 4. Had I got them that day I would have figured it was negative.

Friday, August 13th - 8dp5dt I was a nervous wreck. I had convinced myself that it was negative. I felt nothing at all. I finally received a call..... They told me the 1st bet and then 2nd beta was..... 28.
So we were thrilled and over the moon. Still staying cautious with the #'s so low starting out. However, the nurse did say with FET's the HCG levels almost always start out lower than a fresh cycle....did she say this to make me feel better? Oh well...they way more than doubled in 24 hours.

Monday, August 16th - 11dp5dt rolls around. The 3rd beta is 74. Conversation from nurse.
Nurse: 74 is good. I would have loved to see 84, but 74 is good. Let's do another beta on Wednesday to make sure the #'s did not go up, but are on their way down. *Sigh*

I know that 74 is not terrible, but I cannot help but remember all the other times where it was such a #'s game. The...it's not bad...but hoped it would be....comments from the nurse. Then before you know it, our baby is gone again.

The last two days I did not know what to think! Technically I am pregnant, but is this going to turn out just like the other ones?? Let yourself be happy until you have something to be sad about...is what I kept trying to tell myself. It did not work. My luck sucks....if I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all. I told God it was in his hands....and it looks like he heard me.....

Wednesday, August 18th - 13dp5dt......143! No, we are far from out of the woods. But today, I am thrilled. Today, I am pregnant! God is good and no matter what is in stored for us with this pregnancy I believe he does have a plan. I trust in him. Thank you God for our little miracle!

My heart is pretty heavy right now for many other women out there. If you have not already, I would love for you to show your support to Jessica at Dreams of A Baby. I am so sad that our journey is not continuing on together down the same path right now. However, I am positive that good things are soon to come for her. She is an amazing woman and and an awesome friend! There is also Mama J at Her Womb, Our Hearts. The faith and strength she has is so inspiring! Finally, I just met Waiting for a Baby Bump her last week, but instantly felt we were in similar boats. She has waited so long for a miracle and my heart hurts that she has to continue to wait. I love all three of you and not all of us have even met! Please know I pray every day for you. I am confident that God will prevail and your hearts will soon be full!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying that sweet stuff about me. I am so happy for you and thrilled that your beta doubled today. I will be with you along this new journey and can't wait till I can join you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and admire you so much! I am so glad I found your blog! Congrats on your wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie I am so very happy for you. I know that each day you are pregnant is so precious yet not without worry. I pray that those numbers continue to rise..and rise...and skyrocket and rise some more. I will absolutely pray to the good Lord above that this pregnancy continues for about the next 8 months or so in great health, faith, peace and of course...LOVE. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very happy for you and hoping your baby continues to grow strong and you have an uneventful pregnancy. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is in God's hands. You have done all you can do. You can breath now and know that. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. Hope it continues to go well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been wondering how you've been doing, but didn't want to pry until you posted on your own. keeping my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that everything goes perfectly for you this moment on. what a rough last few days you've had. sending *BIG BIG BIG HUGS* and i'm utterly thrilled for you on this bfp :o) *grow baby GROW*!!! xoxoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Thank you for what you wrote about me...sending tons of prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH! CONGRATS! I have been wondering what was going on with you. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. T - this is wonderful!!! ((HUGS)) Hoping and praying that you're knocked up for another 36 weeks....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, fabulous news. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! YOUR PREGNANT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooo happy for you!! You are PREGNANT! :) Praying all things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are precious and I am glad we *met* online. I wish you all the very best and I too with I was sharing this journey with you - perhaps you are leading the way for us.

    Man, many blessings to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a feeling... :-) Congrats hun!!! I love your attitude, as always, with how you embrace life! Today, rejoice that you are pregnant! :-) I'm VERY excited for you both!

    I understand the feelings all too well of being pregnant yet "leaving behind" those that you so want to be joining you... It's difficult.

    Continuing to pray for you hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so over the moon happy for you! Keep positive, I think everythingn is going to be perfect from here on out! Congrats!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great news:) Beta's can do funky things and not all women are the same....I had two embryos transfered with this last IVF and am pregnant still.....but at first my numbers doubled for a few days then the next two beta's slowly rose.....and they thought I was having my 5th loss...but nope it must have been a twin pregnancy and I was just losing that one because then on the next test.....it was back to doubling again and I am now 12wks and 5 days pregnant....So just goes to show everyone is not by the book:) Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grow little one GROW!!! Congrats!! This is amazing and wonderful! I wish your betas had been more text book so you would have had less stress, but YOU are PG!!!! Lots of prayers for you and the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been checking your blog the last few days and keeping you in my thoughts. I'm so thrilled to hear your great news, and will continue to keep you and your baby in my prayers!!!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such awesome news :) I am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't been reading blogs much this week since I've been back in my classroom getting things ready. I was soooo thrilled to come to your blog and read this! So happy for you! Praying everything goes smoothly! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. T-
    Wow! I am so excited for you. When I read the news I just burst into tears. You are in my prayers and I will ask my grandma to start the prayers for you. They worked for me. I am at 13 weeks now and I know she had a hand in it. Congratulation!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know how I missed this! I must have marked everything in my reader as read when I was too busy last week. But I went to check if you posted when you beta was going to be and see that you are pregnant! I'm very happy for you!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... that is such a blessing and answer to prayer. so happy the Lord has opened this door for you. I am going through IVF right now, and have my transfer Sep-20th. I am praying for the Lord to open this door for my husband and me.

    It is encouraging to hear about success stories...
    can't wait to hear more about your adventures with your new baby :)
    God bless, Laura

    ReplyDelete